Monday, May 2, 2011

Organic Farming and calves

Two weeks ago we went out to Kinvara with Sam's mom and brother. It's just a bit outside of Galway. A beautiful little town, right on the water with a picturesque little harbor and an old castle. We walked around the town, played with a so little sheep dog for a while, and watched the tied come in. The we went on an organic farm walk. I had never seen anything like it before. Such a process. I had no idea how much works goes into running that sort of operation. He is constantly cycling crops through and has to have everything timed to the day, because of limited amount of space he has. He had a few huge green houses which he weeds by hand. This alone impressed me. Never mind the amount of work that goes into running and maintaining the whole process. Then on the drive back into town Sam's mom pulled over so I could pet some calves! They were sooo sweet. Then out to eat at Eddie Rocket's, which is the Irish version of the American restaurant Johnny Rockets. I always find eat there a little surreal. But, after a walk around an organic farm and petting some calves, nothing really satiate the appetite like some non-organic beef...(the irony was not wasted on me). Hope all is well with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment