Monday, June 10, 2013

A Grand Day Out

Hiya all,

Hope you all are keeping well and enjoying the summer. Last week there was a major heatwave here with temperatures in the high 70s/ low 80s. It was amazing. Galway is a different place in the heat; everyone is outside and there is such a vibrancy to the place that it lacks when skies are grey. Sadly the warm weather only kicked off after the Bank Holiday Monday. But, mother nature was good and decided to keep it warm for Saturday.
Sam drove (!) out to Lahinch with his dad and me for the day. He has his learner's permit and is working towards his full license and this drive really tested his ability. Mom and Dad, you might remember the harrowing corkscrew hill in the Burren, literally a hill climb composed entirely of corkscrew turns. Sam remarked it looked like a road from Top Gear that they would use to show off a cars handling ability. Lahinch was GORGEOUS! I have no photos, so instead have substituted the Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahinch . We went to a isolated little beach (if you could even call it that) made up of large flat slabs of rock, no sand. I've never seen anything like it before. It was beautiful, nothing but sun and crystal clear deep water. Had a blast.
Monday means the beginning of another work week. I am settling in to my new job. It isn't exactly the most mentally stimulating of jobs, but it gives me flexibility and the chance to really make the most of my free time. I've ordered the Rosetta Stone Irish Cds and they should be coming to me within the month. I am going to give learning Irish a go. Other than that I'm keeping busy with enjoying the sun, making softies and attempting to start a food blog, that now has all of one post...It isn't really going to get off the ground until I have the chance to get my camera together. I'm still in the middle of moving so I have my camera, but don't have the foggiest idea which of my many suitcases the charger ended up in. I'll post a link once it is actually up and running.
Hope everything is well with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment