Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bits and Bobs

Hello all,
Not much of anything has happened in the few days since I last updated. I am in limbo about the house until tomorrow. I put the deposit down, but tomorrow I sign the lease. Hopefully it goes smoothly! I discovered that it is very close to being located on the river and our common garden area actually looks out on the Corrib River. I have succeeded in living on the water again! YAY! The housemates seem really nice and I am going over this evening for a bit more of a chat with all of them and to discuss the logistics of fibbing about my student status to the letting agency.
The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous; shorts weather which is extremely unusual for Ireland. This means swimming has been a pleasant experience which is not typical for Ireland. I have however managed to come down with a rather nasty cold...every time I come to Ireland I get a cold!
We are currently battling a fruit fly infestation in Sam's house due to a rather sneaky moldy orange. I've set out wine bottle traps that seem to be doing the trick. I didn't really think fruit flies would be much of an issue in Ireland. Also I saw the largest spider in Ireland yesterday! It rivaled the long legged Florida ones. ICKS! I came to Ireland in part because I thought their wildlife consisted of sheep and hedgehogs.
I've started my law reading and was rather disappointed to discover the book I thought was 1,000 pages is actually 1,500, so I am on a bit of a time crunch to get it finished before classes. Yesterday was spent primarily trying to get a solid start. It's fascinating but not exactly a quick read.
Hope all is well with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment