Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kayaking and Mars Bars

What a wonderful week! My classes are getting progressively more interesting. I am actually really enjoying my Public International Law class. We are starting to think about out paper topics. I will be doing mine on the use of force by Georgia in the South Ossetia conflict in 2008. So far have just started the research...it's all a bit overwhelming. But, I am pleased as pie that I am able to do it on my area of interest. My other course are going well. Economics could be a bit more exciting, but I love the professor. Introduction to Human Rights Law changes lecturers every week, this last week we had an excellent lecturer talking about Social, Cultural and Economic Rights.
Last weekend I tried my hand a print making for the first time. Galway culture night was last week and Sam and I went to free print making classes for it. We got to use the huge gelatin rollers and a big press. So fun and definitely something I would like to try again.
This week I went kayaking with kayak club. It was freezing, wet suits really don't keep you nearly as warm as expected. It was great fun though! I am trained to use my spray guard so should be a bit more warm and dry this time. I couldn't have asked for better weather, sunshine, blue skies. It was a wonderful day to be on the water. The true test will be whether I can stick with it once it gets cold and rainy :)
Went out last night with Lean. It was really nice to get out and about. It was really nice to have a bit of a girls night.
Today Sam surprised me with my first ever proper bouquet of flowers. They smell absolutely amazing! I can smell them all over my house and they really brighten up my room.
The weather was beautiful again today so we went for a stroll down along the water and watched the swans for a while. Learned today that apparently it is extremely bad to feed swans white bread. There are signs up down by the their hang out in Polish, Russian, English and Irish saying that feeding swans white bread can kill them!
I had my first ever deep fried Mars bar today! It was killer and amazing. Apparently they are fairly common in Scottish fish and chip shops. I had never seen them before in Ireland. I always assumed the deep fried phenomena was an American creation.
Big news! Chris, a friend from Olaf who is working in Germany, is coming to visit me towards the end of October. I have a house guest! I am excited about getting to do some touristy things with him. Definitely take a trip to the Aran Islands and maybe Cork or Dublin. I am so hoping the weather can keep it together!
Hope all is well with everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have had a wonderful time, please keep all the news coming. We are leaving for Az on the 1st of Nov. Love Grama

    ReplyDelete