Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Update!

Hello to everyone! Winter has arrived (again). It was wonderfully warm last weekend, t-shirt weather! Now it is foggy and freezing, but at least it isn't raining! I am in the midst of working on my paper. One of my sources is 1,100 pages long! I know that is standard, but it came as a bit of a shock to me. So lots of reading ahead of me, lots of writing as well! Went kayaking again on Friday. I am not particularly good at it. Can't keep my kayak going in a straight line. The embarrassment is worth it, however. Such a great group of people and a great work out. Archery is going well. I am still too much of a weakling to comfortably use a 30 lb bow. Hopefully in a few more weeks I will used to it. My shoulders are currently killing me between kayaking and archery. This weekend some friends had a patio party which was good fun. I ended up leaving around 12:30. I am such a party animal right? Haha. No matter how hard I try I am waking up early and need to go to bed early here. I guess I'm growing up :) Last night Sam and I went to a concert, Mount Kimbie. A band neither of us had ever heard of. DJ Society had cheap tickets though so I figured mind as well check it out. I enjoyed it and Sam really enjoyed it so that was well worth it. A new Asian market opened up right next to my street. They sell baby bok choy (or Pok Choi as they spell it here). So Monday, I made a delicious Japanese Sukiyake and it turned out surprisingly well. This is all thanks to the cook books my parents sent me over with :) I have to head off to archery and hopefully hit some bulls eyes. Hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment