It is freezing here. Like literally. Sam's pipes froze. Mine our still ok, but I live in fear. I insulated my windows with bubble paper and it made a huge difference. I also bought an under blanket for my bed which has made it so much warmer. Ireland it not cut out for this kind of cold. Funny that all three winters I've been here have been freezing and unseasonably cold. Maybe the weather is just afraid I am going to start missing Minnesota.
Went to see Fintan O'Toole speak last night. He is an editor for the Irish Times and wrote a couple of books about how Ireland got into and can get out of its current crisis. He was a very engaging speaker and I was very happy I went. Thanks to my mom for recommending it.
Right now I am sitting on the sofa in front of a roaring fire (thanks to my housemate Shane) watching an amazing episode of Top Gear (the one where they build a convertible people carrier and accidentally set a car wash on fire).
On a side note Aldi a German discount grocery has turduken for 9.99 Euros a pound, mince pies for 89 cents a pack and Irish cream for 5.99 Euros. SOOOO cheap for food, in Ireland. YUMMM!
So excited to return to the states and friends, food and family!
No comments:
Post a Comment