So big news at least for me. Sam is in the process of moving! Since the pipes in his current place froze him and his housemate decided to move. This may seem like a drastic response, but the problem is that the main water pipe into his house his outside and completely exposed to the elements. Meaning that whenever it gets this cold that pipe is going to freeze and there isn't anything that can be done (or at least that the agency is willing to pay for). So that somehow voided the lease. Meaning he is free to move out before the lease it up. His new place is on the same street I used to live on. It's an apartment, sharing with 3 others and looks really nice from what I have seen online. His current housemate who he really likes is moving with him and then it is a girl from Korea and another guy from the same town Sam's housemate is from. Can't believe they found something so quickly. They literally just started looking yesterday! Galway is really boom or bust when it comes to housing. So he is paying 5euro a week more but it is a better location, much newer building, and much nicer place all in all. Also since it is an apartment heating costs will be less and there is less chance of the pipes freezing. Ohh and he has access to a roof garden as well! So happy!
I am still loving my place, it isn't the best as far as the insulation is concerned but love my house mates and I can't beat the location. The bubble wrap window insulation made a remarkable difference! I would by no means say my room is warm, but there isn't ice on the inside of my window anymore!
I am sick (again) so no big plans for the weekend. Just trying to get healthy for my journey home :)
No comments:
Post a Comment