Hiya everyone,
I am moved in, settled and loving my new place. I had my first guest this last weekend! So happy I can put my spare bed to good use. Dora, a friend of Sam's that I met the first time I was here came to visit from Dresden. It was so nice to have a visitor! She is such a sweet interesting person and it was so good to see her. We went to Burren with Sam's mom for a hill walk, which turned into a bit more of a trek than I was expecting. Little pockets of sheer rock face, which were covered with a mixture of water and cow poop= extremely terrifying to climb up in wellies. I was convinced I was going to break a leg and mountain rescue was going to have to save me. But, it was totally worth it because we saw WILD HORSES! More like wild ponies really, but they were so cute and fuzzy and completely perplexed by us. They looked like tall Shetland ponies. And there was a white one, which Dora said looked like a unicorn :) We also did some shore walking and there were little tide pools all over the place with starfish and crabs and sea anemones. The weather could have been better for her visit, but at least it didn't rain.
Tonight I am going to see Women without Men at the college. This is a film I have been trying to see for ages and it just so happened they are showing it for International Women's Day here. I can't believe the chances of that. It is by an Iranian artist who lives and works in the United States. It is her first full length film so it will be interesting to see how her background in photography and short art films translates into a full length feature. Might be a bit weird for my taste, but should be good.
Just sent in my application for Teach and Learn with Georgia last night, so I need to start sending in my medical records and supporting documents and hopefully will hear back from them soon.
Then in big news...MY FAMILY IS COMING! They arrive in Dublin on Friday and I am so excited to see them. We are going to do a mini-tour of Ireland and we will be driving...watch out Ireland!
Hope everyone is doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment