Saturday, June 30, 2012

Internship?

So it's been an interesting past week. Tuesday company I applied for an internship called me and told me I'd be wait listed for the position, ie I was candidate number 5 for 4 slots. So that was a huge bummer. But, onward and upward, right? So I found a place to live in Galway and applied for jobs like crazy and got a pretty promising lead on a position for administrative assistant at a multinational toy company. So job and house pretty much sorted. Then yesterday, I get a call from said internship telling me that one of the 4 dropped out and offering me the position contingent on my references and a physical (which is standard practice in Ireland). So now I am super excited, but also a bit nervous that something is going to go a bit wonky with internship and I'm gonna end up back a square one. So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment