Hiya,
Soooo, it's been ages since I've updated. Everything is going swimmingly here, so far.
I just got back from visiting a friend in Berlin, which was an really interesting experience. Berlin was honestly not what I expected at all. I would definitely go back to Germany, but would probably try some place like Cologne or Munich. Berlin was large, dirty and everyone was a bit rude. Dora, the friend I went to visit, lives outside the city about 30 miles in a village. Her home is within walking distance of a gorgeous lake, which used to be a resort spot for East Germans before the reunification. I had a wonderful time, went to museums, the zoo, swimming, enjoyed the sunshine! But, as a location the city leaves a bit to be desired.
Might be heading over before my job starts to visit another friend in Bristol, before he moves to the Caribbean. He has a job working at a museum there, sounds amazing! But, that means my last friend from Olaf is moving away from Europe :(
Other than that just been enjoying Galway! Found a place to live in Dublin, it's not amazing, but it works. Nearly impossible to find a six month lease, so I was a bit limited in my options. Haven't met the housemates yet, so we'll see. The landlord is lovely though, the location is great and the whole house has been recently updated.
My job doesn't start until the 24th, so I am enjoying some down time and what remains of the summer weather.
Hope all is well with everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment