Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Take Home Exam

Just a quick post, I am taking a break from working on my take home exam. Life is good here. I baked this weekend, ginger cookies and sugar cookies. Both turned out, which was a relief because they were both new recipes. Sam's dad was nice enough to let me use his kitchen and kitchen tools to make them. My house doesn't even have a mixing bowl. Went to a pub quiz last night and realized that I am pretty bad at pub quizzes. It's like all the information I need disappears from my head until the exact time that the paper is being collected and then I remember it again. It was good fun though and a nice break before beginning my take home exam. It is three essay questions of 2,000 words a piece. We have ten days to complete it which is a bit longer than I would like. I am a bit concerned about what the over achievers in my class are going to get up to in that amount of time. Hopefully what I write will be sufficient. It is so hard to judge when we haven't submitted anything else for this course and basically have no guidance on what exactly they are expecting from us. On the bright-side the questions are much more interesting than I thought they would be, although clearly some of them that are phrased as opinion questions only have one "right" answer. I am fairly certain based on the personality of one of my lecturers that dissenting opinions will be given a lower grade. This is a small example of my basic problem with the discipline of human rights, or at least they way it is being taught in my course. There is only one correct way to view a particular issue and if you happen to see things differently then you obviously don't support the human rights project. I am beginning to understand why it is so often criticized for like a religion. But, for all it's faults it certainly is interesting and I do enjoy studying it. I can honestly say that I am enjoying working on my take home exam. Hope all is well with everyone! The posts may be a bit sporadic as I near the end of the semester and the work load increases. I promise I will make up for it during my MONTH LONG winter break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment