Monday, November 8, 2010

They say never meet your heroes in person...

So the concert I was all excited about was in reality a disappointing. Scroobius Pip's music is awesome, but the Scroobius Pip the man seems to be a bit more on the side of politically incorrect annoying ego manic. Sam had a great time though, so that made it more bearable.
The night was not a total bust however; the opening act was fantastic. Kid A is an artist I know from my last fm stations. Didn't know anything about her, but loved what I had heard of her music. She was the opening act :) What a wonderful surprise. She has an amazing voice and is very much comparable to Little Boots and Ladyhawk both of whom I have been listening to religiously since they hit the scene. As a live performer she comes off as really sweet and down to earth. And since she was the opening act there were only like 20 or so people there to listen to her. Which is my kind of concert. Sit down, chill out, and listen. I do not understand the need that people my age seem to have to bounce around and run into each other at concerts. I prefer to enjoy the music not spend the whole concert trying not to get crushed by large boys.
Tonight I am going to a lecture series at the Irish Centre for Human Rights. They are having a former Guantanamo Bay detainee come to discuss his experiences. Should be interesting, especially since just two weeks ago we had a former judge and lecturer at the University of San Fransisco come to discuss the merits of the Patriot Act.
I am loving having an Asian market literally a minute from my house. Made a quick run to it this morning and made a delicious rice noodle, chicken, bak choi and chinese mushroom soup for the week ahead. Tasty and easy, the best kind of meal. I now live in fear that they are going to go out of business, but every time I walk by there is someone in there doing some shopping.
Got a package from my parents today. So just a quick shout out to say Mom and Dad you are awesome! They are obviously awesome for many other reasons than the fact that they send me goodies from home, of course, but this was a particularly nice surprise.
Hope all is well with everyone!
Oh and p.s. Just thought everyone should know that the Irish government is currently embroiled in a publicity scandal surrounding it's free cheese for the needy scheme. That's right folks, in the middle of the economic crisis the Irish government is gifting the needy free cheese for the holiday season. Happy Holidays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment