Classes have begun. For real this time. The first week pretend to be real courses, but then turned out to just be a general introduction. I love, love, love my How to Argue with an Economist Course. The professor has an excellent sense of humor and comes off as very down to earth and accessible. Could it be my favorite class of my law masters is an econ. class...haha. Introduction to Public International Law is a bit heavy on the reading but all in all seems decent enough. I am taking it because it was recommend for student who don't have any sort of legal background. So it's more out of necessity than enjoyment. Not to say the class is terrible, it's just very "legal". Makes me absolutely certain that a 3 year law degree in the states would not have been a wise choice for me. Introduction to International Human Rights Law is tonight in about 20 minutes. So I can't comment on what I think of it, though the readings were interesting.
Still waiting on a hoover for the house, but other than that everything house related is just dandy! Still loving my housemates and my tiny but comfy room.
I signed up for societies today; photography (they promised to teach me how to use my dad's old manual camera), DJ, Human Rights and film. I also emailed archery club about joining so hopefully that will pan out!
I made bangers and mash again for dinner tonight. I am not becoming the culinary genius I had hoped. The teeny fridge is a bit limiting when it comes to cooking. But, at least I am now a pro at making mashed potatoes :)
I have the rest of the week off after today! Most of it will be devoted to my massive reading load, but I am hoping the weather is nice so Sam and I can get some biking and swimming in before fall officially arrives here and it starts raining 24/7.
Hope everyone is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment