So I am now officially legal in Ireland. Went this morning to the Garda station and registered. They didn't even look at my documentation! I could have handed them a stack of scratch paper and they wouldn't have cared. I guess illegal immigration from America isn't a huge concern to immigration. This is the second day in a row I got to wake up at 5:15 to make the trek out there. Yesterday made it all the way down only to find a tiny printed sign stating that due to unforseen circumstances the station was closed for the day. How typically Irish. Today went well though. I was the 4th person there and I got there at about 6:30. They only hand out 20 tickets a day so competition to get there early is fierce. Haha.
I got my classes today. Everything I hoped for! For first semester I am taking How to Argue with an Economist, Intro to Human Rights Law and Intro to Public International Law. Second semester is comprised of Business and Human Rights and Human Rights and Development. I am a bit heavy on the economic side of things but I figure that is really one of the biggest hurdles for human rights law; justifying expenditures for policies and programs that do not first glance provide that added incentive of economic boost. Here's hoping for an interesting semester!
Nothing much else going on. Bought a drying rack today, wooohooo. It is not just a drying rack however, it is the Bugatti of drying racks, the thing is huge, and came with clothes pins. I was quite pleased :)
Sam's Birthday dinner was really nice! It was at Cava a local Spanish restaurant. http://www.cavarestaurant.ie/ The tapas was amazing. I finished the night playing Jenga for the first time ever with Sam's bros while he chatted with his parents. I am really going wild in Ireland :)
Oh and Sam and I both got bikes! Sam got one for his birthday from his mom and then I got one from his mom as well. The neighbor was apparently getting rid of it and she asked if she could have it. She took it in to get it fixed for me and I can collect it this weekend. Now if only the weather would clear up we'd be in business!
Hope all is well with everyone!
I love how the first time you play an American game is in Ireland. :P dork.
ReplyDelete