Classes start tomorrow. So far all I know about my fellow classmates is one is a trained opera singer from Ireland and another one is a Polish rapper. It promises to be an interesting year :) The weather here seems to finally be changing back to the Irish weather I was expecting. I am so glad I got a swim in yesterday. Sam caught some crabs, but they were too tiny to cook. One of them was a female with an egg sack, which was neat to see.
Made dinner for Sam's birthday; a variation on bangers and mash. Turned out pretty delicious and made a ton of leftovers.
Tonight is Sam's semi-birthday party. I am hoping to maybe go out for a bit and then come back in around 9. We'll see. My new house is cleaned from top to bottom, the house mates are sound and I am finally settled in. This weekend is move in week for Olaf... it's weird not to be moving into the dorms.
Tomorrow is also a wine and cheese reception for the new LL.M. students. This strikes a bit of a contrast to Olaf's rootbeer float and ice cream sunday socials. I feel almost like a grown up...haha. I am looking forward to finally beginning classes.
Tomorrow is also a play with Sam's family at the Druid. It's called the Silver Tassie and is about WWII and tenement Dublin. I haven't seen a production at the Druid so I am looking forward to it. Then Tuesday night is dinner out with Sam's family for his birthday at Cava a Spanish restaurant in town.
I have been handing out CVs but so far no luck. Just have to keep going. I am sure something will pan out eventually, but it is taking a bit longer to find work than I had expected. This shouldn't come as a surprise to me considering the Irish economy thought.
Hope everyone is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment